Name of the School/Institute : Ganglakhema Pry. School.
Year of Establishment: 2002
Total Land area: 5.85 acres
Classes/ Courses Offered: PP - VI.
Total Students: 67
- Male : 27
- Female : 40
Total Teachers: 8
- Male : 6
- Female : 2
Support Staff: 1
- Male : 1
- Female: 0
- Has His Majesty the King visited your Institute within the last 5 years? If so, mention the dates i.e ..First visit…./ Second Visit …../ Third Visit…..( if No – kindly ignore this section)
- During His Majesty's visit (last visit) what were some of the Royal Concerns, Directives or Command conveyed to the teachers, students or to the school in general?
- How has His Majesty's visit to the school, audience to the students, audience to the teachers made a difference - were they any new initiatives taken by the school as a result of the Royal Visit. If so please indicate what initiatives and why.
- Did the school receive any solera from His Majesty like school picnic, holiday or Tokha for students or teachers.
Are there any of His Majesty’s Kidu students/ Gyalpoi Tozay in your institute. If yes, please provide the followings:
- Total Kidu/ Gyalpoi Tozays students: 1
- Male : 0
- Female: 1
- If you have any kidu students or Gyalpoi Tozay students – provide a Separate name list of the students giving the following details – class/courses taken/ Village and Dzongkhag/ and the year they were Gyalpoi Tozay.
Infrastructure and Facilities (please mention the existing infrastructure and facilities institute provides)
Existing Infrastructure and Facilities 2017.
1. Academic buildings: 2 bolcks and one tempory shed.
2. Office, staffroom and library: 1 block.
3. Staff quarter: 2 units.
4. Principal's quarter: 0
5. Students toilet: 2 units. ( one for boys and one for girls.
6. Water taps: 3 nos.
Facilities in the school.
1. Children's park.
2. Football ground.
3. Volley ball court.
4. Basket ball court.
6. Cantilever bridge.
7. Prayer wheels.
8. Archery range.
9. Swimming pool.
10. Assembly ground.
11. Srone bath.
12. Nature pond.
13. Water fountain.
14. Bedminton court.
Brief history of the school.
The school was established in March 2002. It is located at a beautiful place overlooking Gangla village. The site for the school was selected by former DEO. Mr. Tshongpen Wangdi, Principal of Khoma LSS, Mr. Kuenzangla and the former Chimi of Khoma gewog Mr. Khamtula.
The school is located 25 km away from the high way. The school was electricfied in 2010. Its catchment area includes Gangla, Khema, Serphu, Taya and Lawa village. As per the former chimi, Mr. Pema Wangchuk from Khema, he requested for the school to Dzongda Dasho Nima Wangdi, during a DYT meeting. With the approval from Dasho the school was constructed by the community under the supervision of the former chimi. The materials were provided by the government.
The name of the school "Ganglakhema" was given by former DEO, Mr. Tshongpen Wangdi. It is the combination of the names of two villages Gangla and Khema.
At present there are eight teachers including officiating principal and one care taker. The class ranges from PP to VI with the total of 67 students.
The school has comfortable assembly ground, Children's Park, mini football ground, bedminton court, volleyball and basketball court, archery range, xomputer with printer, stone bath, nature pound, swimming pool and helpful community near the school. Now the school is connected with farm road.
The school practices GNH day once in a week. The students are urged to read in morning assembly, buddy reading for at least 30 minutes after lunch. They also have morning study and evening study. Teachers get an opportunity to read short article as a model and help students during his/ her TOD.
Students are given opportunity to participapte in different literary activities to enhance their learning. School have UNISCO club and rest we take it as programme. The. Nachung is carried out separately.
The games activities are kept after the evening prayer. Games activities are carried out in house wise. The games are mixed with traditional games like khuru, sogsum etc and are coodinated by games and sports coordinator. The school achieved top 10 certificates for last three consicutive year.
Statistics of Students 2017:
Teaching Staff Details:
Profile of the Head/Principal & Deputy/Vice Principal of the Institute/School
Name : Ugyen Samdrup
Designation: Officiating Principal.
Home Address: Chali, Mongar
Educational Background: (please begin with your present qualification)
Professional Experience: (please begin with your present post and assignment)